Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How did we get here?

In the next two weeks we will vote on the next new leader of the "free" world. So much is at stake, in fact, America as we know it is on the auction block. It will be sold to the most popular bidder. I use the term popular loosely. Once again we will be voting for the lesser of two evils, and we have been doing this for decades now. I really don't know what it is like to vote for the best candidate. I have never had the opportunity to choose between two or three potential leaders who are honest and have our best interests in mind. Leaders who make decisions for our betterment, even if it means hardship for us for a time. And I wonder, how did we get here? The answer.....we asked for it. Recognizing for a moment that our government is corrupt, the people of this nation have still always had the power and we sold it for a little money and a little bit of pleasure. The inherent flaw and weakness of man has destroyed a once great nation built on a foundation of faith in the one true God.
Whoever takes over for the next four years, I believe our nation will struggle to maintain peace within its borders. We are more divided than ever before, even beyond our division over the issue of slavery. Our disagreements are much deeper and invoke more emotion because of our selfishness and pride.
But i'm hopeful. I Pray for my leaders because they were appointed by God. And know that whatever happens in the years to come, my faith is the one thing that no man can take away from me. Our future is uncertain and intimidating because we can see where we came from and compare it to where we are now. However that is no reason not to be optimistic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Casey, good to see you have joined the blog-o-sphere. You've got a lot of good things to say. Say them loud and proud.

You know, I was having coffee with James this morning and he told me the reason he likes Barak Obama is because he inspires hope. I agreed with him. Obama's strength is that he inspires people. His weakness is that the hope he's promoting is a mirage. We'll keep reaching for what he offers but never obtain it.

McCain's problem is he doesn't inspire one ounce of hope. And he doesn't really have a game-changing plan for us, but his plans are better than Obama's plans.

We need leaders who aspire to great things and who inspire us to be better people. This election, I'm not feeling very inspired at all.

Fortunately my hope is in Jesus Christ and not in elections, so I'll never lose hope.

Jeralyn Rae said...

Great writing , Casey!! I'm a proud mama! I agree with you and also with you, Shane. So much hinges on this election...most are not aware of what they may enslave themselves to if they prostitute their values for a mirage. (good word, Shane!)

Unknown said...

Casey, Radene and I were talking and we think that we should all change our last names to Lock, then maybe they'll spend their holiday's with us. Just a thought.