Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Country Music

I listen to Country more now than I used to. And yes, I know that if you play country music backwards you will get your wife, your dog and your truck back. Country gets a bad rap from cynical morons who don't like, nor understand the different sub cultures in our nation. The same prejudice is aimed at Hip Hop, Heavy metal and many other obscure types of music.
Country is actually quite therapeutic. There are songs for the broken hearted and lonely soles. Songs for those with faith in God. Moms and Dads, patriots, true romantics, hard working Americans, car nuts and the list goes on and on. And every song has a story set to a melody with lyrics that are easy to understand and relate to. This is music that makes you feel good down to the soul, and for the most part the moral message is good and true, and I think everyone should put their preconceived notions aside and really listen to the most wholesome music on the radio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Country music at its best cheers.

Unknown said...

I'm a cynical moron. Grew up with it, heard plenty of it, don't like it. Sorry man. The "twang" of the music makes my my brow furl together and my nose crinkle up. Just can't stand it. I don't have a problem per say with the lyrics. They're no worse than any other kind of music. But the genre in general represents a redneck culture of racism that I have desperately tried to distance myself from. I'm not saying the artists are redneck racists, I'm saying nearly everyone I knew growing up who listened to country music were redneck racists.

Anonymous said...

Too much crying about lost love cheating and recovering from hang overs for me

Anonymous said...

Hey, Case!
I cut my teeth on country music. I didn't know there was any other type until I hit jr. high and all the kids were listening to KIMN out of Denver and KOMA out of Okla. City. I love the 70's, but my foot taps and there is a heart connection when I hear a steel guitar or a fiddle. It was a thrill to go to the Grand Old Opry several years ago. Even in the original Ryman Auditorium! I think Vince Gill has to be one of my favorites.