Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My current favorite movie

I've had many favorite movies over the course of my relatively short life. Saving Private Ryan, The Shawshank Redemption, The Breakfast Club and Oscar; just to name a few. However the most recent is an unlikely production given my former choices. Its The Incredibles. That's right, a computer animated, children's movie. This movie has it all; it has comedy, action, a great story line and dialogue and most importantly a great moral.
I'm not sure why my tastes have changed. Maybe because I'm a dad now or the different and ever growing relationship with God, but I seem to be greatly impacted by media that is edifying to my soul. The Incredibles is a film that shows the true potential and power of a unified family. When a father is allowed to fulfill his purpose and potential with a wife that fights along side him and encourages him; then the children seem to naturally grasp the mission of the family. They continually face opposition and trial but are a brutally strong united force that is nearly impossible to defeat. They love each other deeply and enjoy their lives together as a team.
We as believers have the privilege of being tapped into the greatest supernatural force in existence. Having the Holy Spirit is having God with you at all times and yet we don't always use this power as effectively as we should. I think its important to recognize that as Christians, we are a part of the most royal supernatural family that will ever be, literally. So be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Be in Gods word and sharpen your powers. And if your are not a believer, repent and give your life to Christ, and you too can be a part of the greatest supernatural kingdom.

1 comment:

larryo said...

Well spoken Casey As a parent it is so great to watch your children grow and live.